Copyright© 1998-2010 Sons of Confederate Veterans,
Welcome to the Florida Division Website!
HISTORY OF THE FLORIDA DIVISION
The Sons of Confederate Veterans, Florida Division, was chartered in 1898 with two camps. Camp Charles C. Hemming, No. 80 in Ocala was the first, followed by Camp Stonewall Jackson No. 83 in Jacksonville. A 1915 issue of Confederate Veteran Magazine lists 30 Florida Camps in good standing as of November 15,1914. The Camps ranged from No. 83, Stonewall Jackson, in Jacksonville to No. 781, Santa Rosa, in Milton. A 1935 Annual Convention program indicates that a joint UCV/SCV Florida Division Convention was held in Bradenton. In 1972 the Florida Division, SCV had shrunk to four Camps.
On behalf of Florida Division Commander Douglas D. Dawson, we the officers and men of the Florida Division, welcome you to our site.
TAMPA FLAGS ACROSS FLORIDA
News Reports across the Nation about our flag project in Tampa: Click Here
Click Here to support the Confederate Heritage Plate:
Florida Division Events Calendar
Mechanized Cavalry 3rd Bttn, Co. D
Last Modified: 03/15/12 09:34:36 AM